A fairly light week this week, with Suffragette being the only film with a wide theatrical release. Take note that SPECTRE, the new James Bond film actually comes out on Friday on digital platforms (it will be on next week’s new releases.)
You can see all of this weeks trailers here: New Releases – 1/19/16 – Youtube Trailer Playlist.
All Things Must Pass: The Rise and Fall of Tower Records
– Colin Hanks chronicles the rise and fall of one of the most powerful forces in the music industry. First Feature: director Colin Hanks. SXSW. Seattle.
– DJing drama about the rave scene in France in the 90’s and 00’s. Toronto Film Festival. Sundance.
Learning To Drive
– A recently separated Patricia Clarkson takes driving lessons from a Sikh driving instructor, played by Ben Kingsley, who is about to enter into an arranged marriage. Toronto Film Festival.
– Ron Perlman is a CIA agent who enlists Ruper Grint’s help in faking the moon landing. First Feature: director Antoine Bardou-Jacquet. SXSW.
– Biopic chronicles women’s fight for sufferage in the UK. With Cary Mulligan, Helena Bonham Carter, and Brendan Gleeson. Toronto Film Festival.