Every week hundreds, if not thousands of new music releases come out. After looking through them, we compile this list of the ones we’re interested in hearing. beneath the Spotify playlist you’ll find brief synopsis’s about the releases, as well as links to songs on YouTube and Amazon purchase links.
Of the nine new releases we’re interested in, this week is highlighted by the two electronic albums coming out, The xx’s I See You, and Bonobo’s Migrations, but this Band Of Heathens album is sounding pretty good right now as well.
– On their fifth studio album, this Austin-based Americana band offers up funk, soul and rock and roll in equal amounts. Listen to album opener “All I’m Asking“.
Ben Sidran – Picture Him Happy [Digital]
– For me, jazz musician Ben Sidran is most famous for scoring the documentary Hoop Dreams. Others may be more familiar with him through his time in the Steve Miller Band, his time hosting jazz radio programs for NPR or his 30+ solo albums. There is a lyric video for the song “Another Old Bull“.
– Bonobo’s sixth album is the first since 2013’s breakout success The North Borders. See the video for the first single, “Kerala“.
– 90’s alternative rock band returns with their first material in over 20 years. Listen to side 2 track “The Bully Boys“.
– Rapper Killer Mike, and rapper/producer El-P return for their third album, featuring jazz saxophonist Kamasi Washington, TV on the Radio‘s Tunde Adebimpe, Danny Brown, Boots, Joi and Rage Against The Machine‘s Zack de la Rocha.
– After working with Zero 7, Sia, Groove Armada, and others, Sophie has released three studio albums. This is her first since 2011. You can hear “I Do It To Myself” on YouTube.
– After a handful of EP’s and singles over the last couple of years, this British alternative rock band releases their first full length album. Their newest video is for “She Said“.
– While band member Jamie xx released his solo debut album in 2015, this is the xx’s first album since 2012’s Coexist. They released a video for “On Hold” late last year.